Greetings,

I'm writing a python script to automate creating ODBC connections on a
Windows2008 Server (64bit) platform. I created an ODBC manually (using the
GUI), for the purposes of fleshing out the 'check for existing' section of
the script.

Problem: though I can see the key in regedit
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\DRSQL2000_muXXXX), calling an
_winreg.OpenKey returns 'WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the
file specified'. Googling the error brought up the possibility that this key
is being impacted by registry redirection (
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-win32/2009-February/008862.html),
and thus the need to use _winreg.DisableReflectionKey to correct this.

I'm new to using _winreg (but not new to python), and though it sounds
simple, I can't figure out how to properly use _winreg.DisableReflectionKey
to make the _winreg.OpenKey work properly, and there is nearly 0
documentation on how to use _winreg.DisableReflectionKey (though I would be
happy to write something up if I could figure the damned thing out).

any help is appreciated. Has anyone else run into this before? I realize
that Server 2008 is new and that _winreg.DisableReflectionKey was just
added, but I'm still hoping SOMEBODY has run into this before.

Many thanks,

--
Randall Walls
Tyler Technologies, Inc