In message<mailman.2123.1277522976.32709.python-l...@python.org>, Tim Chase
wrote:

I see that you published my unobfuscated e-mail address on USENET for all to
see. I obfuscated it for a reason, to keep the spammers away. I'm assuming
this was a momentary lapse of judgement, for which I expect an apology.
Otherwise, it becomes grounds for an abuse complaint to your ISP.

I'm sorry...you've got your knickers in a knot? That your spam filters seem to be insufficient? That you don't have a custom throwaway address for such public dialogs? For preventing an "undeliverable" bounce message that your bogus address would have caused (if your mail provider is RFC-compliant; though your mail provider may kindly be breaking RFC by disabling "undeliverable" responses to prevent back-scatter spam)?

Is the abuse charge "waah, he replied to my actual email rather than the false one I spoofed"?

I'm not sure an abuse complaint to my ISP would net you anything since the exact out-bound headers show nothing abusive, only the correcting of an invalid TLD to prevent a bounce (and a distinct lack of USENET references in the original message that went to you and CC'ed python-list@python.org).

Having regularly used python.l...@tim.thechases.com unobfuscated for easily over 5 years, the spam to this address has been almost negligible (or so effectively dealt with by Thunderbird's spam filters that I've never noticed it).

-tkc