I have been battling an issue hopefully someone here has insight with.

I have a database with a few tables I perform a query against with some
joins against columns collated with NOCASE that leverage = comparisons.

Running the query on the database opened in sqlitestudio returns the
results in under a minute. Running the query in Python with sqlite3
doesn't return results for several hours. I haven't figured out what
pragmas or other shortcuts sqlitestudio uses to provide the results
so fast.

Using apsw returns the dataset nearly instantaneously but the
connection/cursor/commit differences are too drastic and would force
far too large a rewrite for the module change.

Anyone by chance know the underlying changes required in the sqlite3
module to replicate what sqlitestudio is doing behind the scenes?

Thanks,
jlc