I am presently working on an update to Henrik Ekelund's adodbapi package.

For those who don't know, adodbapi is a python DB API 2.0 interface
using Microsoft ADO. It is an alternative to the ODBC module which ships
with python-win32 and is better in some ways, particularly in that it
does not require defining a DSN in order to access data.  I have used it
now with MS-SQL, Access, MySQL, and AS-400 DB2.

I have applied all of the patches I can find, and am altering it to use
decimal data (pythoncom.__future_currency__ = True) and updating the
unit test. I am also tracking down a new bug which seems to have arrived
with Python 2.5 which causes it to store only the first character of a
string into a database field. (Most annoying... I have had to leave all
my users running older versions of Python.)

  Henrik seems to have disappeared from the Internet and no maintenance
of the adodbapi site on soureceforge has happened in several years.
Question for this group:
  Should I attempt to take over the project on sourceforge, or should
adodbapi be added to python-win as part of its library?
---
Vernon Cole
Old programmer and young Python hacker.