Hello,

I work on a Python application that runs on Windows.  Lately we've
been seeing a strange error pop up on a few installations (say 10 out
of ~2000).  When launching Python the following error pops up in a
windows dialog:

The application failed to initialize properly (0x0150002)

Searching the internet, I don't see many posts about this error and
none are very definitive.  The closest, not-so-relevant post deals
with compiler incompatibility [1].

There are a couple of gotchas:

- Sometimes python starts working again.  This seems to eliminate any
compiler incompatibility.
- These machines are not in a controlled environment; I don't have
control over what is installed or removed, e.g. windows updates,
install/uninstall 3rd party applications, etc.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  Any tips or pointers are most welcome.

Thanks,
-Roberto.

[1] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.blender.devel/29365