Mark Hammond wrote:
On 7/06/2011 9:11 PM, nekolyanich wrote:
Michel Claveau<mc<at> mclaveau.com> writes:

Hi!

I have also/another problem with win32ui in 216 version: on
several COM's
servers, if the line
import win32ui
is present, servers can not be contacted.
If I comment the line, no more problem. Uncomment, problem is
coming back.

Waiting a solution, I come back to 214.

@-salutations

Saw this bug, and 214 version helped me with my 32-bit xp. But
in production i'd
have 64-bit mashine, and downgrading to 214 version don't helps.
Any ideas, how
to make it work?

It will be something to do with the manifest and the mfc
libraries. I think that even though the mfc dlls are installed
with pywin32, it might not work as hoped :) Can you find a
redistributable version of the MFC dlls you can try? I can't
explain why the 32 vs 64bit versions behave differently other than
what libraries are already installed.

Sorry, not much help...

same problem here.

Well, the problem seems not to be 64bit specific. But is with build 216 and 215 on 32bit as well; and with all Python versions. Something changed critically with 215 build.

The problem is not when starting through Pythinwin.exe (IDE), but only when starting with python(w).exe + win32ui (Even when the Pythonwin IDE is raise sucessfully through a script on python(w).exe, the problem is there)

Is there a special manifest in Pythonwin.exe ?

Robert