Hi,

I am observing a strange behaviour of two python com-servers/addins, one
of them is called from Excel VBA the other one is an Outlook (both from
Office 2003) addin.

Both of them work if I register them and start using Outlook or Excel
thereafter. However when I log out and login the next time, both of them
fail to load. Excel is showing an error message when
CreateObject("addin") is called, showing a python traceback from
somewhere within win32com (only parts of it since the window cannot be
resized). Outlook silently ignores the addin and in the list of
com_addins it is marked as deactivated. Re-registering solves the
problem until the next login.

Interestingly I get them to work if I start e.g. spyder (a python IDE)
before making calls to the com servers. It does not seem to help though,
if I only open a python shell. This sounds like a timeout issue to me.

Do you know what might be the cause and what I can do about it?

Best regards, Christian