On 18/12/2011 4:34 AM, Scott Leerssen wrote:

On Dec 17, 2011, at 12:25 PM, Amaury Forgeot d'Arc wrote:

2011/12/17 Scott Leerssen <sleers...@gmail.com
<mailto:sleers...@gmail.com>>

    I did see that, but I interpreted that to mean that the PyHANDLE
    would be dereferenced from the underlying Windows file handle,

It's the other way round: the PyHandle just forgets the win32 handle
value, and will not close it in its __del__.

Sorry, I did write that backward. How is the win32 handle freed?

The .Detach() method returns an integer handle value which can then be closed using win32api.CloseHandle().