I'm trying to write what I hope is a simple ISAPI filter to require HTTP Auth for a current website but allow Google and other search engines access to the content. I'm aware of the basics for getting an ISAPI filter registered with IIS:

http://docs.activestate.com/activepython/2.7/pywin32/html/isapi/doc/isapi.html

and I have an example that I think will help in C++:

http://support.zeus.com/zws/examples/2005/12/16/basic_authentication_isapi_filter

My problems are:

* I am unclear on how the IIS data structures come through in python. The ISAPI filter examples in the isapi folder indicate a single "fc"
   parameter, but the C++ example shows three parameters.
 * I don't know where to get the HTTP headers of the current request so
   that I can examine the user agent
 * I don't know how to trigger basic auth so that IIS handles it and
   requests auth from the browser

I'll keep digging, but if someone has example code or pointers for me, I'd appreciate the leg up.

Thanks.

Randy Syring
Development&  Executive Director
Level 12 Technologies  <https://www.lev12.com/>  (formerly Intelicom)
Direct: 502-276-0459
Office: 502-212-9913

Intelicom is now Level 12 Technologies,learn more about our name change
<https://www.lev12.com/our-history>.
Please update your address book with my new email address.

Principled People, Technology that Works