On Thu, Feb 09, 2012, Jun Koi wrote:

> sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but i think many people here must
> have the same concern, and have to cope with it somehow.
>
> my concern is that: even if the binary is without the source, the
> code is still Python bytecode. and as far as i am aware, it is pretty
> trivial to reverse the binary back to the Python code. (i am not very
> sure which tools can be used to reverse Python-based .exe files,
> though)

Most people have learned to not have this concern.

> 1) how serious this problem is in your opinion? is it really true that
> it is impossible to protect the binaries from reversing?

Not serious enough to warrant your time and money.  Absolutely true.

The only way to protect your code is to put it on a server.  But then
people can only use your software when connected to the Internet.
--
Aahz (a...@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"Do not taunt happy fun for loops. Do not change lists you are looping over."
--Remco Gerlich