Hi,

I'm trying to get a list of User Groups that have access to shares on a
remote server. I am able to get a listing of all the shares on the
server using wmi. This is the cloesest I got so far:

import win32security as win32s

sd = win32s.GetFileSecurity(sh,win32security.GROUP_SECURITY_INFORMATION)
sid = sd.GetSecurityDescriptorGroup()
print win32security.ConvertSidToStringSid(sid)

this outputs:
 S-1-5-21-2085290006-574818053-1202159320-513

And I recognized that a group string as the usually appear like that
when a group is deleted and you view permission in windows explorer.
So how do I get that to display as Administrator, for example.

My goal is to be able to create this share on another remote server
with the same groups and permissions.

Thanks,

Rod

--