hello,
first of all, let me know if this is out the scope of this forum to post it
somewhere else.
I post it here because it is related to maya anyways and might also be
valid for the python api.

Anyways, I want to connect my maya plugins to my data base. I did that
already creating an empty windows projects and everything work as expected.
The connection was successful.
Here is the working code:
https://pastebin.com/UFEn99v7
(of course set the sensible data as "xxxxx")

For this to work I set visual studio as follows:
*- C/C++ | General | addition include directories -> C:\Program
Files\MySQL\Connector C++ 8.0\include\jdbc*

*- C/C++ | prepocessor | preprocessor Definitions add STATIC_CONCPP *
*- C/C++ | Code Generatin| Runtime library -> Multi-threaded DLL (/MD)*
*- Linker | General | additional library directories -> add C:\Program
Files\MySQL\Connector C++ 8.0\lib64\vs14*
*- Linker | Input | additional dependencies -> add mysqlcppconn-static.lib*

So then I went to a working Maya Plugin I wrote and tried to add that same
code, adding to the existing visual studio setup the paths above. And I
gave me an error when it runs: get_driver_instance();
Here  is the error

1>mysqlcppconn-static.lib(my_init.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __imp_RegCloseKey
1>mysqlcppconn-static.lib(my_init.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __imp_RegEnumValueA
1>mysqlcppconn-static.lib(my_init.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __imp_RegOpenKeyExA
1>mysqlcppconn-static.lib(common.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __imp_EqualSid
1>mysqlcppconn-static.lib(common.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __imp_GetTokenInformation
1>mysqlcppconn-static.lib(common.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __imp_IsValidSid
1>mysqlcppconn-static.lib(common.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __imp_LookupAccountNameW

I have been googling to solve this, but linking errors are a bit advanced
for me to know exactly what is wrong. I looked into this forum about mysql
topics but didn't find an answer to setup maya and mysql. And I only found
in the maya docs this :

https://help.autodesk.com/view/MAYAUL/2023/ENU/?caas=caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Installing-and-configuring-the-MySQL-Client-on-Windows-s.html

My guess is that it must be some specific version that works with maya (the
doc mentions MySQL 5.0.27) but I think it must be more complicated that.
So before breaking my visual studio setup I prefered to ask here, even
though I am aware it might be a bit of an advanced topic.

Anyway, please let me know what you think.
Thx,