for future reference to those that looked for an answer to this issue (as
was I)
This is how you get a node's typeID

import maya.OpenMaya as OpenMaya

node = cmds.ls("network1")[0]
sel = OpenMaya.MSelectionList()
mobj = OpenMaya.MObject()
OpenMaya.MGlobal.getActiveSelectionList(sel)
sel.getDependNode(0, mobj)
fn = OpenMaya.MFnDependencyNode(mobj)

id = fn.typeId().id()
print(hex(id))