Python Nutter <pythonnut...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. I wish to override the Rocketship icon and display an icon
> representing my Application.

Put your icon in the Info.plist file of your application:

        <key>CFBundleIconFile</key>
        <string>YourLogo.icns</string>

You can use /Developer/Applications/Utilities/Icon Composer to build
the icons file.

> 3. I don't suppose there is an easy way to make an application folder
> in the Mac OS X Application folder representing my python program with
> the same Icon that would appear on the Dock when the user launches my
> program? I don't see any easy references to the folder structure for
> Python programmers to deploy on the OS X platform. Is there any good
> resources out there that will teach how to do this?

Again, just set the icon bundle in the Info.plist.

There are lots of different ways to do this.  Kevin's advice to just use
py2app may be a good idea.

Bill