Bill Janssen <jans...@parc.com> wrote:

> Think I fixed things.
>
> I found two problems.  First of all, my build wasn't universal, but it
> appparently overwrote the Python framework SDK in /Developer/.  So when
> Xcode tried to build for both ppc and i386, it only found i386.  That
> was the link error I originally posted.  I'll re-install Xcode to see if
> I can fix that.

By the way, this seems to me to be a bug.  There are lots more people
working on Python-Cocoa applications than people working on MacPython.
I can see where this would be convenient for MacPython developers, but
it shouldn't happen automagically.

> Secondly, when I then ran my Python-Cocoa app, it picked up the framework
> in /Library/Frameworks/Python..., which didn't have objc, so it bombed
> on that.  I just deleted /Library/Frameworks/Python....  That seemed to
> fix that.

Can anyone explain to me why this happened?  Is this a side-effect of
overwriting the /Developer version of the library?

Bill