Hi Lucien,

On 6/10/22 9:05 AM, Lucien Mathay wrote:
Hi,

I am sorry to seek help and at the same time report a strange behaviour, for a problem on which I can not find the origin.

I have a strange behaviour in an OOBasic program, and to make it simple I pruned down the question to the 12 lines of program which are displayed here :

option explicit

Type ZONEDIALOG
  hauteur   As Long
  largeur   As Long
End Type

Dim ZDstack(0 To 2) As ZONEDIALOG

Function Auto_Open()
    dim quoi as long
  quoi = 2  'const_xyz
  msgbox "OK"
End Function

The strange behaviour is as follows :

  * when executing this program, the message "Ok" comes up as
    expected, everything is fine and there is no error.

  * However now, consider the constant "2" at line 'quoi = 2' : if you
    replace this constant "2" by "const_xyz" (which is obviously
    undefined), observe what happens during thenext executions :
      o first execution brings up the message "Ok" : the error was not
        detected, although option explicit is active ... but that is
        not yet the biggest problem
      o executing a second time brings up "Basic execution error 9 :
        index out of the assigned range" at the line 'Dim ZDStack'

  * Now if reverting back to the constant "2" by removing "const_xyz"
    and putting the constant "2" in place again, it is also abnormal :
      o first execution shows "Ok"
      o following executions bring up "Basic execution error 9 : index
        out of the assigned range" at the line 'Dim ZDStack'

There is however a background to this behaviour : this file is issued from a full program showing this problem by removing all the unnecessary functions and sheets out of the program. If this small portion of code is copied to a fresh calc file, the strange behaviour does not show up.  Therefore, I suspect the behaviour to be caused by something else than just the code ; this is why I appended the file to this mail, for you to be able to debug.

I compared the sections of the file with the xml sections of a fresh document, and I found differences only in content.xml, settings.xml and  styles.xml, but nothing that could explain me why this behaviour.

If a charitable person could analyse this file, it would help me getting running the full program from which it is issued ... and it would probably expose a new bug in OO.  It won't be an easy job however I believe, therefore I am really thankful in advance !

Lucien
PS: I tried the file on two versions of OO and one LibreOffice, it does not make any difference.

What versions of AOO and LO have you tested on and also what OS?

Thanks,
Carl