Hi Daniel,

> > +        if (s->msr_energy.enable == true) {
>
> This looks to be where we need to check that both the host CPU
> vendor is intel, and the guest CPU vendor is intel, and that
> the host CPU has the RAPL feature we're using.
>
> With regards,
> Daniel
> --
> |: https://berrange.com      -o-    https://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange :|
> |: https://libvirt.org         -o-            https://fstop138.berrange.com :|
> |: https://entangle-photo.org    -o-    https://www.instagram.com/dberrange :|

Checking for the host cpu and RAPL enable is fine and done.

But checking for guest CPU is confusing me.
The RAPL feature is enable only with KVM enable.
This means "-cpu" can only be "host" or its derivative that essentially
copy the host CPU definition, no?
That means if we are already checking the host cpu we don't need to do
anything for the guest, do we ?

Regards,
Anthony