[I queued patch 1-2 into -stable, leaving this patch for further
 discussions]

On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 08:55:42AM +0000, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> The 'file:' protocol eventually calls into qemu_open, and this
> transparently allows for FD passing using /dev/fdset/NNN syntax
> to pass in FDs.

If it always use /dev/fdsets for files, does it mean that the newly added
SOCKET_ADDRESS_TYPE_FD support on mapped-ram will never be used (so we can
drop them)?

What about the old getfd?  Is it obsolete because it relies on monitor
object?  Or maybe it's still in use?

It would be greatly helpful if there can be a summary of how libvirt uses
fd for migration purpose.

Peter Xu