Il mer 27 mar 2024, 14:09 Igor Mammedov <imamm...@redhat.com> ha scritto:

> It's question of whether we are willing to do unthinkable,
> i.e. to break QEMU <-> guest ABI for isapc case by removing
> corresponding fwcfg entries.

It's not unthinkable since it's unversioned.

we are loosing a chance to cleanup
> QEMU code base touching following
>
>     m->option_rom_has_mr = true;
>     m->rom_file_has_mr = false;
>     pcmc->pci_enabled = false;
>     pcmc->has_acpi_build = false;
>     pcmc->smbios_defaults = false;
>     pcmc->gigabyte_align = false;
> pcmc->smbios_legacy_mode = true;                  pcmc->has_reserved_memory
> = false;

Some of these can go away, for the others probably we can think of making
isapc a direct subclass of X86MachineState.

I would rather keep it because it's the only way to test userspace
interrupt injection in KVM.

Paolo

they are all marginal but in shared code, and removing them