On 27/03/2024 15.20, Daniel Henrique Barboza wrote:
Hi,

In this new version we took a different approach after the discussions
we had in [1]. The tests are now untouched, and we're addressing the root
cause directly: the fact that we have a single temp dir for all the test
execution in qos-test.

We're now creating and cleaning temp dirs for each individual test by
calling virtio_9p_create_local_test_dir() in the .before callback for
the local 9p tests (assign_9p_local_driver()). In this same callback we
queue the cleanup function that will erase the created temp dir. The
cleanup will run after the test ran successfully.

This approach is similar to what other qtests do (in fact this design was
taken from vhost-user-test.c) so it's not like we're doing something
novel.

I kept the revert of the slow test gate because Gitlab seems to approve
it:

https://gitlab.com/danielhb/qemu/-/pipelines/1229836634

Feel free to take just patch 1 if we're not sure about re-enabling these
tests in Gitlab.

Changes from v3:
- patches 1 to 6: dropped
- patch 1 (new):
   - create and remove temporary dirs on each test
- v2 link: https://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2024-03/msg06335.html

[1] https://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2024-03/msg06400.html

Daniel Henrique Barboza (2):
   qtest/virtio-9p-test.c: create/remove temp dirs after each test
   qtest/virtio-9p-test.c: remove g_test_slow() gate

  tests/qtest/virtio-9p-test.c | 32 +++++++++++---------------------

Works for me, too!

Tested-by: Thomas Huth <th...@redhat.com>