On 15/04/2024 08:26, Thomas Huth wrote:

On 07/03/2024 18.43, Thomas Huth wrote:
The Sparc CPU naming and the corresponding help text is somewhat
confusing for the users. We should avoid spaces in the Names and
provide clear information to the users what can be passed to the
"-cpu" option.
While we're at it, also remove the "+" from two of the CPU names
since this character is now not allowed in device names anymore
(and was worked around with an ugly hack in qom/object.c so far).

Thomas Huth (5):
   target/sparc/cpu: Rename the CPU models with a "+" in their names
   target/sparc/cpu: Avoid spaces by default in the CPU names
   target/sparc/cpu: Improve the CPU help text
   docs/system/target-sparc: Improve the Sparc documentation
   docs/about: Deprecate the old "UltraSparc" CPU names that contain a
     "+"

Ping!

Mark, Aryom, could you please comment on this patch series, too?

Thanks,
  Thomas

Done! I didn't realise that it was only patches 1 and 2 that were still outstanding until I tested the series, so I've replied to those separately.

ATB,

Mark.