Hi,

At the recent QEMU maintainers summit we lamented the fact it was hard
to push forward with our modernising plans as legacy approaches still
get introduced into the code. A lot of knowledge about the "modern"
way of doing things is locked up in senior developers heads. Lets make
a push to improve the developer documentation and ensure best
practice is easy to find.

Some sort of parable about distribution of fishes and knowledge seems
appropriate here.

Alex Bennée (5):
  docs/devel: add some front matter to the devel index
  include/migration: mark vmstate_register() as a legacy function
  include/hw/qdev-core: fixup kerneldoc annotations (!COMPLETE)
  docs/devel: split qom-api reference into new file
  docs/devel: introduce some key concepts for QOM development

 docs/devel/index-api.rst     |   2 +
 docs/devel/index-process.rst |   2 +
 docs/devel/index-tcg.rst     |   2 +
 docs/devel/index.rst         |  24 ++++++-
 docs/devel/qdev-api.rst      |  12 ++++
 docs/devel/qom-api.rst       |   9 +++
 docs/devel/qom.rst           |  50 +++++++++++++-
 docs/devel/tcg.rst           |   2 +
 include/migration/vmstate.h  |   9 ++-
 create mode 100644 docs/devel/qdev-api.rst
 create mode 100644 docs/devel/qom-api.rst

--
2.39.2