On 08/28/2010 07:00 PM, Noli Sicad wrote:
> Hi Juergen,
>
> I still have problem opening spatialite database / files  in trunk
> version - Quantum GIS - 1.6.0-Trunk 'Trunk' (14162M).
>
> I am using Ubuntu 10.04. I think there is no problem with ubuntu 9.10,
> as some of the users are indicated before.
>
> Anybody using Ubuntu 10.04 and can open spatialite database and what
> versions of QGIS, spatialite, ogr2org, etc.
>
> The mac os x QGIS-dev has almost same libraries used in QGIS 1.5.0.2
> lucid except the Qt 4.6.3 instead of Qt4.6.2.
>
> Here's log files of various versions of the libraries used in
> 1.6.0-Trunk 'Trunk' (14162M).

So I'm on Ubuntu 10.04, using QGIS, GDAL/OGR from the Ubuntgis unstable
repo.

I can make a new Spatialite layer using Layer->New->New Spatialite
Layer. I believe this is the only correct way to make a Spatialite layer
in the current version, Not 'Save As' that is OGR sqlite only. It is
editable, saveable and loadable. Note QGIS uses a built in Spatialite in
this case, I do not have spatialite installed on the system.

I can also verify that I can open Spatialite layers created with older
versions of Spatialite directly in QGIS.

You might want to start fresh with just what you get from the Ubuntugis
repos. Mixing and matching with custom compiled can easily lead to
multiple conflicting versions of libraries on your system path.

Thanks,
Alex