Hi Noli,

QGIS server and QGIS webclient can be regarded as two separate projects. While we try to integrate the two better, there is no reason why you cannot develop something in parallel with a different framework.

The reason why I went with ExtJS, GeoExt and OpenLayers is that there is a community of governmental organizations around these frameworks in Switzerland, where I work. This way we can share costs and knowledge.

As to mobile frameworks the same group decided to sponsor OpenLayers to improve mobile device support. This is now available as part of OpenLayers 2.11. We decided that we will be using the Sencha framework (instead of jquery mobile), because it is from the same company/community like ExtJS and also GeoExt will most likely be using the Sencha framework.

I expect to start working on a mobile client in parallel to QGIS webclient (we could name it QGIS mobile client) in autumn this year if someone wants to join the effort.

Regarding the WMS layer of gis.uster.ch: you should see all you need in the GetCapabilities request listed at http://gis.uster.ch/ - it really contains all the information you need to later issue GetMap, GetFeatureInfo, GetLegendGraphic or GetPrint requests. Note that this is a raster based WMS - it is not a WFS. Here is one link to a GetCapbilities request: http://gis.uster.ch/cgi/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?map=/home/www/projekte/av/grundplan_av.qgs&service=WMS&Request=GetCapabilities

Hope this helps,
Andreas