Hi Nyall,

Thanks for reaching out and giving me the chance to explain further.

I totally get the recent concerns about the xy backport, and I want to
assure you that I'm all about positive contributions to the QGIS project.

One thing I've noticed is that sometimes things can get a bit hectic for
core developers, and it's totally understandable that reviews might take a
bit longer. It can also be tough to get the active discussions started
sometimes. For example, I recently helped a friend make their first QGIS
core contribution (https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/56825), and they were
really excited about it. But, despite our best efforts and a bunch of
pings, the PR hasn't gotten any feedback after a month.

I might not have the full picture of the whole project just yet, but I'm
genuinely keen to lend a hand and maybe tackle some demanding core
contributions down the line.

Thanks again for considering my request. Let me know if there's anything
else you need from me.

- Joona

ke 10. huhtik. 2024 klo 12.59 Nyall Dawson (nyall.daw...@gmail.com)