Try googling "Alpha shapes". It might do the trick.

I think, there is a alfa shape function inside spatialite 4

Regards
Bo Victor Thomsen
Aestas-GIS
Denmark

Den 03-11-2013 19:10, Jesus Munoz Serrano skrev:
Dear listers,

I have a vector point layer (showed below) with all the sightings registered for a specific species within a limited area. I want to place camera traps close to the areas where the animals have been seen.
In order to find the locations where I could place the cameras to cover all the points using the fewer number of cameras I was thinking in aggregate the point features in groups depending of the proximity from ones to each others. I've been trying to do that with QGIS (version 2.0) but I could't find the way. Also checked on the internet but couldn't find any information for doing that.

Is there a way to do it? Is there any other method for accomplish what I'm trying to??

Thanks,
jesus