Grant Boxer boxerg at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 12 20:37:33 PDT 2024

I am trying to contour a grid file using the QGIS raster > extract>contour
and I get getting errors saying "Warning 1: Model file not specified" or
"ERROR 4: No such file or directory".

Hi Grant,
in order to fix the issue, you just need to change the "Default output vector layer extension" (in Settings->Options->Processing->General) for your QGIS user settings to a value other than "xtf": I suggest the value "gpkg" (GeoPackage) which is the default for such option.

I also suggest you to also change the "Default output raster layer extension" to "tif", which probably may be also incorrectly set to "nc" in your QGIS user settings.

Best regards.

Andrea