François Van Emelen wrote:
> Could someone help me with the following procedures?

They have to do with the new "cursor is a sprite" facility, i.e.
instead of the old box (which is achieved by XORing part of the screen
with the colour red) one can use a sprite (of a certain size) which
can look like anything you want. My cursor is a sort of gold and
halve-transparent, for example.
The main reason for this feature was that XORing a red cursor into a
gray background looks more than just ugly. This was BTW the first
SMSQ/E feature request I had which I didn't have to do myself!
Wolfgang wrote the code.

> CURSPRON job
> CURSPROFF job

The new cursor can be enabled and disabled on a per-job basis. The
default value can be configured. These commands are used to
selectively enable or disable the sprite cursor of a certain job. This
was my request because I originally wanted to preserve the long-known
red SBasic cursor and still have my stylish new cursor in PE
applications. As it turned out, I just use the new cursor nowadays.

> CURSPRLOAD file

Given the filename of a sprite this routine sets a new system cursor.
The sprite must be of the dimension 6x10, I think, otherwise it won't
be used.

> SYSSPRLOAD number,file

This is a more generic version of CURSPRLOAD. It can be used to set any
of the system sprites (e.g. you can exchange the default arrow pointer
with "SYSSPRLOAD 0,win1_newarrow_spr").
So CURSPRLOAD is really just a shortcut for "SYSSPRLOAD 36,file",
because 36 is the system sprite number for the cursor.

Hope this helps, Marcel