----- Original Message ----- From: "Tarquin Mills"
Subject: Re: [ql-users] Re: QL2005

>Let me remind everyone once again that the Quanta subscription is
>currently £4 per year higher than is necessary to run the
>organisation. If Quanta are not prepared to spend this £4 on QL2005,
>what are they going to spend it on?

There are other things the £4 could be spent on, like making the magazine
colour, projects like printer software, a better SGC or a lottery bid
for a portable case, USB, ethernet etc. etc. I think Quanta members are
price innerlastic and therefore after over 10 years at £14 we should be
raising the price. How many members will the reduction to £10 generate,
have you got a plan to target poor QLers and potential poor QLers (say
a free QL scheme)? Does the £14/£17 cost differential have to be kept?
Lets not fade away.

Thanks for this contribution, Tarquin, it is the sort of discussion we should be having. I would like to see the subscription stay at £14 with the differential removed. (The £3 extra for overseas members only brings in £150 from an income of £6000). I don't think a reduction to £10 would bring in any new members, but £4 per member invested in QL development might encourage one or two more people to join.

Best Wishes,
Geoff