----- Original Message ----- From: "Wolfgang Lenerz"
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 10:04 AM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] Re: QL2005

On 18 Nov 2004 at 19:53, gwicks wrote:

(...)
I know a lot of our members do not subscribe to the list,

do you know why?
Is it a technical problem (no internet access) or are they just not interested?

All sorts of reasons, and some are the fault of those of us on this list.

We sometimes have a tendency to behave like medieval catholics and believe that the whole QL universe rotates around this list.

Don't forget there are many people who are put off this list because of the personal attacks that sometimes occur in such things as the licence debate.

Two members of the Quanta committee formerly subscribed to this list, but found it rubbish. I can respect their viewpoint, but I think they are wrong. Part of the responsibility of holding an office is sometimes doing things you don't like.

Apart from this there are many UK QL-ers who do not have internet access,

Best wishes,
Geoff