----- Original Message ----- From: "Duncan Neithercut"
Subject: RE: [ql-users] Quanta

<SNIP>

To progress this discussion a moderator or instigator needs to put
aside his/her personal individual preferences, listen to all the ideas
on the list and dismiss none, but perhaps ask some individuals to
explore some aspects of all of the ideas to assess their practicality
with a view to producing a manifesto for Quanta regeneration that
should be debated on this list but must ultimately be put to the
membership & committee before the AGM and subsequently resolved
at the AGM.

<SNIP>

- and Geoff Wicks are you up to the challenge of picking up on this
discussion and attempting to moderate it into a realistic consensus
manifesto that could be put to Quanta ??? :)

Without the support and involvement of a respected figure ( yes I mean you)
already within the committee the whole issue could be delayed
until its all too late.

Thanks for the expression of confidence, but I have already failed as moderator.

You may remember that just over a year ago I wrote some very critical comments on this list and in QL-Today about Quanta.

In February I had a long and amicable discussion with the Quanta committee about these, and I was impressed with the quality of the discussion. I had the feeling that Quanta was eager to reform and agreed to join the committee.

10 months later hardly anything that I suggested has been implemented and Quanta shows no signs of reforming. Quanta's problem is not what it must discuss or what its policies should be, but its inefficiency and unreliability. I agree with John Taylor that what we need now is not words but action.

Sorry if this doesn't answer your well made points, but that is the reality,

Best Wishes,
Geoff