Geoff

He has done a good bit of shooting also and IMHO for his personal
satisfaction first leaving aside the needs of the users who have rallied to
his call
and invested in the Qx0 series, time and real cash!
Its also no suprise that now when he appears some people thoughtlessly
continue
to shoot first. No matter how talented Peter is he needs a critical mass of
interest
and support as much as other developers interested in more PC orientated
QL things. Those in this other camp desperately need his talents and area of
focus hence the shots.

It is past time to bury hatchets and act like adults. Those with most status
have
most to gain by bending a little. Those who may have to concede a little
need to
realise that not every conflict is decided by a single battle. A step back
today
does not meet loss forever or oblivion for a final vision.
In a dialogue one concession needs to be matched with another.
The World is a funny place.

Send flames if you wish. I advise asbestos suits if you do.

Best Wishes

Duncan