Dilwyn

The simple solution is Compact flash cards. A 256MB
card is only £30 in PC World - not the cheapest place either.

Readers exist on :
Qubide, PC and Qx0. The CF people have decided to use
FAT16 format for cards upto 1 GB. I expect but dont know
that zip drives under this capacity also use FAT16 as this
is the Windows way. I also suspect but dont know that
all the other formats like SmartMedia and XD etc also
use FAT 16 upto 1 GB. The difference will lie in the reseved
sectors for PC devices which my programe ignores.
Anyone got an IDE multicard reader to test this on or
a spare Zip drive, promise to return it?

I have written software that allows me to read write and
delete from the Qx0 to FAT16 formatted cards with a
crap user interface.
I expectthat the FAT 16 SBASIC will also work on
Qubide & Aurora as Qubide also supports IDE CF
 card readers. At the moment I am finishing the
nice GUI which I decided a while ago in a moment
of optimism to write using QPTR from scratch.
Dont hold your breath but it will be finished, but
once completed it should solve the PC to QL transfer
for me and for MBs of data.

If people want to go above the 1Gb limit FAT32 is
not much different from FAT16 - key difference is
obviously the size of pointer to FAT table & sector.

Duncan