In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, James Hunkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

<Snip>

I converted the image, as described in a separate thread, to a PNG format file, used Marcel's windows program to convert that to a QL _SPR image, and then in SBASIC with the build in commands displayed it on the screen (OK, it wasn't quite instant at this resolution on running under Virtual PC but not bad at all!). Then I used Dilwyn's nice little screen grabber, Snatch4, and captured it directly to the file name and location that I wanted.

Then simply ran BGIMAGE filename, and there it was, in full color with no quality loss.

Really cool. And glad to see that I can't use the excuse that the software couldn't do what I wanted.

Thanks Marcel and Dilwyn - very nice job.

I am glad that you have succeeded Jim.

Could you just break that down again into more step by step, then others can follow and use the method too.

PS - It was Snatch4 that I was referring to in another email. WhichI should have credited to Dilwyn. Although Norman Dunbar also made a modification.

--
Malcolm Cadman