-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Dilwyn
Jones
Sent: 03 April 2005 22:52
To: QL Users List
Cc: QL News List
Subject: [ql-users] Q-Starter

Q-STARTER

Q-Starter is a simple experimental program to see if I can
successfully create a program which will run on anything from a QDOS
system with pointer environment to the latest Window Manager 2 and use
the System Palette. It is also my first attempt at writing a program
to use scalable menus. In theory, it ought to display Launchpad-style
menus on systems prior to Window Manager 2, and display System Palette
colour menus on Window Manager 2 systems (SMSQ/E v3.09 or later). I
would welcome feedback on this program, in particular any problems
found in running it on older systems, being as my main "QL" at the
time of writing is a QPC2 emulator!

Oh, does this program do anything useful? Actually, yes it does. It's
a mini program launcher, which searches for all program files it can
find on your system starting from the drive/directory specified
(optionally reading through subdirectories) and presenting these in a
menu from which you can simply click on the program file to be
executed. Leave it sat in your QPAC2 button frame to have it always
available as a quick if slightly dirty program starter!

Apologies to Marcel Kilgus for jumping the gun slightly - I've used
the pre-release of Easyptr 4 to creating this program, which is an
experimental release to invite feedback on any shortcomings. My hopes
are that if this program works OK on older and newer systems, I'll be
able to update my existing programs to use the excellent new
facilities of Easyptr 4 as soon as the official release happens.

I hope plenty of people will download and use Q-Starter (which is
Freeware) and let me know if it works on their systems. My systems
are:
QPC2 v3.30 with SMSQ/E 3b09
Aurora (MinisQL) with JM ROM (Q-Starter has problems on SMSQ/E v3.06
for unknown reasons)

Q-Starter works on QPC2 v3.30 and Aurora with JM QDOS ROM, I'd like to
hear about success or otherwise on other systems.

Hopefully, experience gained from writing this program will help and
encourage me to write more programs to take advantage of the new
facilities Marcel has worked so hard to bring us!

http://homepages.tesco.net/dilwyn.jones/software/freeware/freeware.htm

  • ... Dilwyn Jones
    • ... Malcolm Cadman
      • ... Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)
        • ... gwicks
          • ... Malcolm Cadman
        • ... Malcolm Cadman
    • ... Duncan Neithercut