----- Original Message ----- From: "Wolfgang Lenerz"
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 4:15 PM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] Idle thoughts

I don't know why Marcel charges for his software, so I can only speak for
myself. Whilst some of my programs are freely downloadable, others are sold.

Can I add my own contribution to this with a little example.

3 or 4 years ago I wrote a rhyming dictionary for the QL. It has sold just 9 copies and I don't expect to sell any more.

I wrote it because a user asked for it, and I thought it would be a useful program for the QL world to have. I never expected it to be other than a niche product, but most of the people who have bought it use it enthusiastically.

It costs just £10, but it has helped to keep Just Words! as a going concern. That way I can continue to advertise in QL Today and even last year sponsor the QL2004 show. I now do the UK snailmail fliers on behalf of the other traders.

If I had not charged for QL-Rhymes it would never have been written and Just Words! would now be just a part of QL history. I would not have been one of the organisers of QL2004 and would have no part in the running of present shows,

Best Wishes,
Geoff