> >Grrr. Who made the English language so difficult???
> Because it is so difficult and some of us take the trouble to learn it
> correctly we don't mangle it like our cousins across the pond -
> especially their leader.
"Natural evolution of language" is probably listed in a dictionary somewhere
under his name :-)

Won't be long before some versions of English are classed as separate languages
I suppose, since there are significant differences (not just accents) between
English as spoken on the various continents.

The most widely used second language in the world...yet probably the largest
number of regional variations etc as well - the original official "British
English" (if there ever was such a thing) probably being in a minority these
days.