[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'd argue that comment. I think its more to do with the quality and
> manufacture of your stick. The disgo brand (I work from 'em, so am =
> probably
> biased!) are guaranteed to work on any USB enabled environment

Mine's a Crucial Gizmo 256 Mb. Guarenteed for live and no problems with it on
any system other than the home PC with Windows 2000. Same kit under Linux -
works.

On the other hand, I have recently had a BIOS problem on this box - battery
flat so it reset to defaults - and the floppy drive has stopped formatting
floppies. Gets to 100% then flags up as a failed format. Could be related.

When I get time - and work is busy just now - I'm going to re-install & patch
Windows 2000 on that box.

Well, I might. I might just wipe the partition and use it in Linux instead :o)

Cheers,
norm.