Am 09.08.2005 um 11:32 schrieb Darren Branagh:

I'd be glad if someone could help me for a good start...
I'm curious and want to spend some fun time with this machine - don't
want to spend much money on hardware and stuff.

Hopefully you would have to - is there some generous sort out there with a
disk interface and the like they'd want to give to a good home??

Whoops... I meant NOT have to. :-))

Understood it anyway :-)

You can use the QL as is, but a lot of decent software needs more memory or
additional files (TK2 or SMSQ/E).

I thought this SMSQ/E is an emulator or am I wrong?
...They again, you can have a lot of fun with some microdrive stuff on an
original unexpanded QL too.

A good Idea is if anyone has any microrive software they no longer want, to
send it on maybe...??

I'd really appreciate this... and I don't need productivity applications like text processing, calculations etc... but I'm curious in some retro-style games, graphics and sound programs... and the extra-ordinary stuff, whatever :-)

Alex