Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Marcel Kilgus
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 31. August 2005 04:01
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: [ql-users] Help on RGB Monitor

Al Feng wrote:
> I'm not sure about the specific monitor you are referring to, but to use
> a "standard" RGB Monitor with the QL, one of the signals has to be
> inverted.

No, I'm pretty sure that was a hack to get CGA monitors working.

I think I had the monitor Karsten was referring to (it was definitely
some Commodore), but I'm not sure I have the cable anymore. But I just
took apart an RGB cable of another monitor, and there the only
connected pins are actually R, G, B, H-Sync and ground. H-Sync is
connected to the QL's Video-Sync (Pin 4). V-Sync is not connected,
even though both the QL and the monitor feature that pin. Probably
because those monitors were fixed frequency anyway (just a guess,
while I can usually vouch for everything I say about software, the
same is not necessarily true for hardware ;-)

Marcel

sycor plastics - die neue Branchenlösung für die Kunststoffindustrie

www.sycor-plastics.de

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich und kann darüber hinaus persönliche Informationen
beinhalten. Wenn Sie nicht der bestimmungsgemäße Empfänger sind, löschen Sie
bitte die E-Mail und deren Anhänge sofort und benachrichtigen Sie uns darüber.
Die Firma sycor willigt in keine Verträge oder vertragliche Verpflichtungen ein
oder übermittelt rechtsverbindliche Angebote, die in Form von E-Mail versandt
werden, sofern dies nicht ausdrücklich in schriftlicher Form zwischen den
Parteien vereinbart wurde.

This e-mail is confidential and may contain personal and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient please delete this e-mail
and all attachments immediately and inform us. The company sycor does not agree
with contracts or contract obligations sent by e-mail, neither do we transmit
legally binding offers by e-mail, unless this is not expressly agreed upon
between the parties and documented in written form.