From: "Wolfgang Lenerz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:55:14 +0100
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ql-users] SMSQE and the Qx0

Hi all,

This is more for the SMSQE.users amongst us, which use it on a Q40/60 .

The current version of SMSQE for the Qx0 is about 250 KB long.

It was suggested to me that the home thing should be incorporated into SMSQE,
which will make SMSQE for the Qx0 about 254 KB long.

We are now approaching very closely the 256 KB limit which the current ROMs
for the Qx0 can handle. The other versions of SMSQE don't have that problem,
since they are always loaded into RAM anyway.

I'm told that it might be possible to use larger Eproms on the Qx0 for this,
to give us 512 KB of ROM space, which should be enough for the foreseeable
future. I have already tried to source these Eproms here in France, but have
been unable to find any suitable Eproms (!).

Of course we could probably take some languages out and make them into
independent LRESPR files, thus making SMSQE smaller for the time being, but
that is just a stopgap measure - soon we will face this limit again.

I personally am not really bothered by this since I generally load SMSQE into
RAM even on a Q60.

So I would like the resellers, notably, but also the Qx0 users, to tell me
whether there are really users out there that will ask for upgraded ROMs for
their Qx0.

If yes, how many? If it turns out that larger Eproms cannot be built into the
Qx0, where do they suggest that we go from here?

Would they be content with the upgrades to be put into RAM?

Let me know what you want/wish.

Wolfgang