>>> Three  messages  were
>>> received several weeks after they were sent, but about 70% from
>>> hotmail
>>> and a small percentage from other ISPs have never been received.
>>> This is
>>> nothing to do with spam detection; I set my account up to label
>>> all
>>> suspected spam but not to block it.
>>>

>> I believe John is referring to spam blocking on the server not on
>> the
>> recipient's side.  Most of the ISPs have some form of spam
>> detection and
>> blocking, if nothing else to reduce traffic in their internal
>> network.
>
> Well, it doesnt do much good. Two messages I sent to Dilwyn's Tesco
> account
> have resulted in me being spammed ever since with some rubbish about
> deleyed
> messages and that it will keep trying. Just got my first message
> back full
> in the face after 10 days. (Thank Goodness! I hope thats the end of
> that
> one!) DJ's softnet account is refused by /my/ ISP! Im obviously not
> supposed
> to send email to that address.
>
> I thought all these demons were working on Dilwyn's behalf, but it
> seems the
> email paradigm is crumbling all around. Pity, I used to think it a
> reliable
> and fun mode of communication.
Huh, Tesco seem to let through ONLY spam and block the real messages!

ql-users messages get through to me OK. I can't say I've noticed any
real pattern in who's messages are not making it (e.g. trashco
blocking mails from some ISPs or whatever). I've no anti-spam my end,
I only use AVG free anti-virus which I keep up to date a couple of
times a week.

Anyone who needs to contact me having difficulty with my tesco.net
account can use my other dilwyn AT uk6 DOT net email address, which
seems to be less prone to problems. Or use the Form message facility
from my website, which also seems to get through without problem,
although if you use that make sure you fill in your email address or I
won't know who to reply to, as some have found.