Την Tue, 10 Jan 2006 08:55:58 -0500,ο(η) David Tubbs
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> έγραψε:

<snip>
> I would hardly like to contemplate the appearance of one called
> =?windows-1253?B?UGhvZWJ1cyBSLiBEb2tvcyAo1u/f4u/yINEuIM30/Orv8ik=?=
>
> Why is it that a handful of contributors appear with such a nomenclature
> ?

This isn't our fault. When we post using non 7bit ASCII (which most
mailers should correctly interpret and resend back as they got it) the
ocassional non-capable mailer gets the text and since it cannot understand
it jumbles it up and spits it out as the mumbo-jumbo above.
Unfortunately, we use our mailers mostly for communication in our own
language, therefore we cannot change the codepage everytime we need to
write here... unless of course one uses a singular email address devoted
only to this list.

> SUBJECT - what subject ? No, completely irrelevant to the subject header,
> just as an illustration.
> Not about Sudoku, or even screenshoots (whatever those may be).

Only replying to what Tony wrote albeit a little lighthearted

> But at least the quoted, requoted . . . . Nxre quoted dross has been
> removed, to leave screeds of it in is comparable to spamming in terms of
> bandwidth and mailbox space.
>
> Scrolling all the way down for a superfluous two word addition is a pain.
> And not allways easy to find if not separated by a blank line from the
> quote.

Not a problem with a decent mailer that changes colours when encountering
quoted text. Most recent is always black, first level quotation: green,
second level quotation: green and so on...

Ffibys