Derek Stewart wrote:

>The normal QL power supply is not enough to power the QL CPU - 68008 and the
>Gold Card.
>
>Remove the CPU from the QL and plug the Gold card into the QL and this may
>solve your problem, assuming there are no bent or damaged pins on the
>expansion port.

Well,  that all depends,  I ran mine for years with the GoldCard, or
trump card or the Super GoldCard
all with the standard QL powersupply.

All motherboard testing we ever did with or without accessories added,
with or without the motherboard modifications we used to do, were all
done with the standard powersupply.
( of cource these were all USA/Canada based machines and messed with in
the USA with USA powersupplies )

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy