> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: 2006/02/24 Fri AM 08:02:57 GMT
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [ql-users] Abacus to HTML
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > My best idea so far has been to create an HTML-generating printer_dat
> > for Xchange, which I hope to put on my website tonight.
>
> What a cunning idea - I like it !
He he :-)
Thank Marcel, because of his hack of Xchange 3.90M and N I was on an "Xchange"
wavelength.

> > translates: as required, e.g. £ to 163.
>
> This might be difficult. You can find a list (incomplete unfortunately) on my
> HTML website (www.bountiful.demon.co.uk/html/index.html) for the 'special
> characters' but basically you will probably also need :
>
> '<' = &lt;
> '>' = &gt;
> '&' = &amp;
>
> The other problem you might suffer from is multiple spaces and newlines (is
> that possible in Abacus - except that you are using the <PRE> tag, so you
> should be ok.
>
> I suspect that because you are using the <PRE> tag that your special
> characters might be ok, but I'm sure I've had problems when doing assembly
> stuff in <PRE> that I still had to convert stuff to the &xxx; format.
Xchange allows up to 50 translates, but the driver can only be 286 bytes total
IIRC, so as the lengthy pre and post ambles took up a good chunk of this, I
think it's limited to a couple of dozen translates of the most common accented
characters. Using <PRE> text seems to cope with most simple things, good enough
for what I wanted. You can see a sample of what html_dat produced on
www.dilwyn.uk6.net/versions/index.html which links ot the Abacus spreadsheet in
which I keep my version numbers list and to a html-ised version for comparison.

Not all of the QL character set has equivalents, but most does. The easy option
is to translate say up arrow to [UP] (OK, cheating I know, but so what)
Dilwyn