Wonder if anyone knows anything about this printer problem.

I have my son's Epson Stylus C64 set up here at the moment and it has
developed a problem - both indicators are blinking which indicates
(according to manual) print head unable to return to home position,
but it seems to be parked in the home position!

I've checked for visible signs of obstruction, that ink cartridges are
correctly seated etc. When switched on, the cartridge seems to move in
the normal way and returns to the home position, but the error
remains.

Anyone got any suggestions or experience of this?

On another note: just been online to try to order some ink cartridges
for my own Epson Stylus 880 and Choice Stationery have discontinued
them, describing the Epson Stylus 880 as "obsolete". I'll be trying
other suppliers of course (like those who advertise in the back of
ComputerActive). Wonder if this is general or just one supplier
discontinuing compatible cartridges?