Dilwyn Jones wrote:
>> If emulators are the way forward how do I run GWASS.
>>
>> On QPC2, it says that it is not a 6020+ and exits.
>>
>> I would say UQLX is the same based on a QL Rom
>>
>> Derek
> First, the "future is emulators" is not really my own opinion, but the
> prevalent view at the workshop.
>
> Rather sad really, although I'm an emulator man myself as my main
> system is a PC with QPC2, but I still have and still use an Aurora SGC
> system and a QL+Gold Card. It would be really sad if this sort of
> viewpoint caused no more hardware developments and adversely affected
> sales or development of Q60 or future machines. I'm sure that "future
> is emulators" will probably annoy quite a few QLers who prefer native
> hardware like Q60 or expanded black box QLs or the like.

<snip>

It has been that way for many years I think.  I am totally QL hardware
based, and I have been doing pretty well no business for years now.

Doug Laverne is a notable exception, and I was alarmed to find there
seems to be a problem with the current superHermes Microchip pic.
I have invested in a whole load more stock of OTP chips, but haven't
dared burn them yet!

Tony

--
          QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
           tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://firshman.co.uk