Greetings Earthlings,

I'm playing around with Trolltech's QT4 on WIndows and Linux at the moment, and
I've taken my old 'baby' the Quill Stripper (aka WinStripper) and I'm rewriting
it using QT - this will, hopefully, let me see how easy it is to use QT, how
easy it is to write cross-platform applications and convert WinStripper to
Linux.

I am toying with the options to convert a quill doc into the following :

- text format, as at present.
- html format, complete with bold, underline, sub and superscript.
- DocBook XML format
- PDF format.

I'm actually quite excited about the last option as PDF files are 'taking over
the world' and I actually have it working in a rudimetary fashion.

Is this of any interest to anyone ?

The project is still in the development stages, I'm still learning QT4 and I
have a new compiler set up to use as well. I'm hoping to build the application
using a 'plugin' format so that I can 'easily' add new WordProcessor formats as
and when required.

I'm experimenting with too many things all at once though :o)

Hopefully, I'll have plugins working, plus quill and Perfection plugins
developed 'soon'.

As the version of QT4 I'm using is Open Source, I am obliged to supply the full
source code to anyone who wants it. This is a pleasure to do and I've got no
qualms whatsoever about doing it.

Watch this space.

Cheers,
Norman.