Robert Newson wrote:

>      She is nicer than me and you.
>
>is wrong, it should be:
>
>      She is nicer than you and I.
>or
>      She is nicer than I and you.

'Fraid not. Replace "nicer" with "heavier" and it becomes obvious that
in the above you almost certainly should have said "or" not "and", and
the verb is then "is". I'm trying quite hard to think what it might
mean, should one person be nicer than a pair of other people?

P.S. I've just found out that I've probably "got Asperger's", which is
nice, because:

a) I can say the first comment above.
b) I can use the Oxford comma (even though I went to the other one), and
can get away with it.
b) I can have the last word.
c) I can stop putting the toilet seat down.
d) I can have two B's (which I happen to prefer with the apostrophe (on
subject! even if not on list), even though current usage dictates(sic)
otherwise) and not get so worried about worrying about it (or nested
parentheses, or dissimilar capitalisation, or these multiple or's, which
might have worked as "ORs", but would've been really uncomfortable as
"ors", in the same way that the "B's" couldn't have been "bs", but could
have been "b's" or "Bs" (or "bees"?)) anymore (where, by the time you
got to that "anymore", I willing to bet that that word threw you, as
you'd entirely lost the thread of the sentence by then) (and I used
that "that that" without qualms) (and now I'm getting silly) (now?).
(Try saying all that without taking a breath).

PPS. Tony still hasn't told me whether he'd like to have fewer or less
computable numbers than points in a (mathematical) line.

PEPS. Infinity. I considered introducing infinity in Minerva, but I
wouldn't have been happy with just the one.

--
Lau
http://www.bergbland.info callto://LauReeves (see http:www.skype.com)