Can anyone help Tony with this one:

> Thanks Dilwin for you email all ok now. Can I ask you with the
> standard gold
> card ver 2.49 eprom do I have to use special floppy drives or can I
> use pc
> floppy drives. The drive I tried the QL will only see it as flp2_.
> If I use
> the ribbon with the cross over then QL will only see the drive as
> flp3_.
> Have I missed something silly.
> Thanks for your thoughts.
> Many yhanks again Tony Johnson

I'm not sure, but I think he may perhaps be using a SUPER Gold Card
and have two single drives plugged into the two sockets, hence why his
system may be seeing them as FLP2_ and FLP3_?

I don't know if standard Gold Cards can see FLP3_ without the little
external disk expander card for FLP3_ that Miracle made for a while.

I'm not sure about the crossed over cables, I've never tried those.
I've always used the drive selector jumpers on drives which have them.

Can anyone clarify what might be happening here? Will pass on replies
received.